Red Beet Ombre Cherry Pound Cake
When it comes to cakes, it's all about the glaze. Prepared beautifully velvet red beet glaze on this gorgeous Velvet Red Beet Ombre Cherry Pound Cake using Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder marbled stunningly throughout. This cake is wonderfully moist, tender, fabulously crispy & decadent that everyone will love.
200g butter (at room temperature)
140g cream cheese
Pinch of salt
6g vanilla extra
220g cake flour
6g baking powder
15g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1 cup 100g powdered sugar
4 tbsp water (more if necessary)
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1. Set oven to 350 F and butter and flour a 9″ x 5″ baking tin. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add beet powder and 3g water, whisk to mix well and set aside.
3. Whisk the butter until creamy. Add in cream cheese, vanilla and sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time whisk once more. Add flour the mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl down and use the spatula to finish mixing the batter.
5. Scoop out 1/2 of the batter and add it to the bowl with the red beet paste. Stir until uniform in color.
6. Scoop the vanilla batter to your prepared tin and cherries. Then scoop the red beet batter on top.
7. Bake the cake at 350º F for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling track.
8. Then make the glaze. Add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to mix well.
9. Pour the glaze on top of the cake and decorate with cherries.