Vegan Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Frosting
This vegan creation really takes the cake! This FIG-gin' amazing Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake perfectly featuring our Turmeric Powder and Hemp Seeds. Look at those figs! And that vegan cream cheese frosting! Can you tell that we're head over heels in love with this carrot cake? This dessert is definitely worth recreating.
Created by the talented mother-daughter duo Beth and Lexi. Check out their Instagram @crowded_kitchen for more amazing recipes!
2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax seed meal to 2 1/2 tbsp water)
1 cup sugar
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil, softened at room temp
¾ cup applesauce
1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup Suncore Foods® 100% Organic Hemp Seeds
1 ½ tsp Suncore Foods® Turmeric Powder
2 cups gluten-free cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ground nutmeg
¾ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt (use Suncore Foods® Rose Salt for extra flavor)
¼ tsp allspice
⅛ tsp cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups shredded carrots
¾ cup golden raisins
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
½ cup vegan butter, softened for at least one hour at room temp
8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened for at least one hour at room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar (you can use less, but it will be more of a glaze than a frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Stir flax meal with water in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken for 10-15 min, stirring a few times.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk sugar, coconut sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, flax eggs, and vanilla. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Add in chopped nuts, golden raisins, and shredded carrot.
5. Line bottom of 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper, and grease edges lightly with coconut oil. Bake for 45-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once cake is well cooled, spread cream cheese frosting (recipe below) on the cake and top with some chopped nuts and toasted coconut.
7. For the vegan cream cheese frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add 1 cup of sugar at a time until it reaches desired consistency.