Glazed Banana Carrot Quinoa Bread with Homemade Hemp Milk
We're getting in the spookylicious Halloween spirit with this unforgettable ghoulishly yummy Glazed Banana Carrot Quinoa Bread with Homemade Hemp Milk treat!
Make one 9x5“ loaf (~9 slices)
¼ cup Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds
1 cup filtered water
Dash of salt
Banana Carrot Bread:
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 medium ripe bananas
1/2 cup hemp milk, room temp
2 large eggs, room temp
3 tbsp applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
⅓ cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
2 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
3 tsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder
1 ½ tsp activated charcoal coconut powder
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp activated charcoal coconut powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tsp hemp milk
1. Make the Hemp Seeds — Add the Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds, water, and salt to a blender and blend. You can strain the milk if desired; set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 300°F and spray a 9x5” loaf pan with olive oil. Bring your eggs to room temperature by placing them in a glass of warm water for 10 minutes. Finely shred your carrots until you have 1 cup. Place on a paper towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out and discard the juice; set aside.
3. Make the Batter — In a medium bowl, mix the coconut sugar and maple syrup. Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the sugar maple syrup mixture. Stir in the hemp milk, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract until totally combined. Be sure to scrape the sugar off the bottom of the bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until nearly combined. Fold in the shredded carrot and Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes, mixing until no ﬂour pockets remain.
4. Divide your batter equally into two bowls. In Bowl 1, add the activated charcoal coconut powder and mix until combined. In Bowl 2, add Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder and mix until combined. Get two spoons or scoops ready and begin scooping about 1-2 tbsp of each batter into your greased pan, alternating the colors like a checkerboard. Build new layers with the batter, being sure you alternate the colors vertically - scoop orange on black and black on orange - until all of your batter is in the pan. Use a chopstick or butter knife to swirl the batter. Make sure your utensil goes all the way to the bottom of the pan before you swirl.
5. Bake at 300°F for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Allow it to cool in the pan 10 minutes. Gently remove the loaf by sliding a butter knife around the edges and then turning it over on a cooling rack. Flip the loaf right side up and allow to cool.
6. Make the Glaze — Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and activated charcoal coconut powder, vanilla extract, and almond milk to a small saucepan. Thoroughly mix and heat on low until just warm to the touch. You want your glaze to be quite thick, so be careful not to add too much milk. Pour your glaze over your cooled loaf. Garnish with Suncore Foods® White Dragon Fruit Chips, slice, and serve!