Unicorn Rainbow Spiral Thousand Layer Pastry
It takes a sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. We hope this Unicorn Rainbow Spiral Thousand Layer Pastry will make your day brighter! A delicious fit for all rainbow lover and fun for all ages. Not only is this unicorn rainbow pastry beautiful and colorful, it is ultra flaky and filled with sweet creamy filling. It can't help but make you happy! Using Suncore Foods® Powders to create a marvelously unique spiral of rainbow colors in these Unicorn Rainbow Spiral Thousand Layer Pastry (Spiral Mooncake or 月餅) and the end result is surprisingly tasty that absolutely make all our hearts fluster! Check out these wonderful selections of our Suncore Foods® Powders and find the key to your happiness through these beautiful color delicacies & this recipe!
150g All purpose flour
30g granulated sugar
100 cake flour
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
480g red bean paste (12x40g/each)
1. Add the water dough ingredients in a bowl, knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Cover it with a plastic wrap and leave it in fridge overnight. Or mix the ingredients together in a mixer except the butter. Mix at low speed (2~3) for 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Add butter, mix at high speed (6~7) for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 340F/170C. Add the oil dough ingredients in a bowl, knead until it becomes smooth. Divide oil dough to 4 pieces and add the color to each piece. Knead until color powders well combined.
3. Then divide each oil dough to 6 small pieces and shape it to a log. Follow the same process for each oil dough (24 small pieces in total). Set aside and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
3. Take the water dough out and divide it to 6 pieces. Roll out one piece water dough (white) to a flat disk. And place 4 oil doughs (Pink, yellow, blue, purple) horizontally on top of the water dough. Take the edge and seal it.
4. Flat the dough using hand and rotate 90 degrees. Use a rolling pin to roll this dough into a flat oval shape (11-in long). Take one edge and roll it up like jelly roll style.
5. And flat the dough using hand and roll this dough into a flat oval shape again (10-in long). Make sure the dough is vertically and then fold from left to right.
6. Roll out again to flatten the dough. And roll it up from either side to a log. Divide the log evenly into 2 smaller logs.
7. Roll out the smaller log to a flat disk and place the bean filling (40g/each) on top. Gently take the edges to wrap the filling. Follow the same process for each one.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.