Sweet Heart Beet Cookies
Bake out the best from scratch & show your love with these Sweet Heart 'Beet' Cookies! They not only taste as good as they look but because it shows that you really want to go to the extra mile to make her day extra special, these are the perfect delicious & beet-iful baked treat for showing how much she's done for you. To achieve the gorgeous vibrant pink hue, Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder was used in these heart-shaped cookies and dipping in rich dark chocolate with a festive sprinkle. Beet that!
1 ¼–2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 ½ tbsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
¼ cup cane sugar (adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup dark chocolate
Sprinkled with freeze-dried strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat your wet ingredients (except eggs) in a stand mixer until it reaches a smooth consistency. Avoid overbeating to prevent air bubbles.
3. Whisk and blend the egg into your dough.
4. Sift and mix your dry batter ingredients.
5. Keep adding flour until the dough turns into a ball.
6. Stop mixing when the cookie dough pulls from the bowl without leaving behind any traces.
7. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
8. Roll the dough to a thickness of 3/8”. Use rolling pin rings for uniform thickness.*
9. Use a heart cookie cutter to cut your cookie shape.
10. Assemble the cut cookies with a 2” gap.
11. Bake for 9-12 mins (or until the cookies set).
12. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets.
13. Once the cookies are cooled, break up the chocolate into smaller chunks and melt with oil. Stir until smooth. Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate and, if desired, sprinkle with freeze dried raspberry. Place cookies on parchment paper and allow chocolate to set completely in the refrigerator.