Rainbow Crepe Cake
This easy-to-make, yet impressive rainbow rosy crepe cake would be perfect for romantic brunch or for you to enjoy in bed. The colors are made using Suncore Foods® Red Beet, Ruby Red Radish, and Yellow Goldenberry Powders! There are lots of opportunity for different color variations for you to try with our Suncore Foods® Powders, bring out your inner artist out with layers of fun.
Should Make 30 Crepes
3 cups vanilla oat milk (or almond milk)
2 flax eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 cup icing of choice
Drizzle of oil
Suncore Foods Powders:
Red – 4 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
Pink Red – 1 + ¼ tsp Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder
Orange – 1 + ¼ tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder and 1/2 Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
1. Place all ingredients, except icing and oil, in a blender and blend on ‘low speed’ for 10-20 seconds until well combined. Be careful not to over-blend. This will make roughly 5 cups of batter. Equally distribute batter into 3 separate bowls, approximately 1 + 2/3 cups per bowl.
2. Fold in 4 tsp of Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder in the first bowl. 1 tsp of Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder in the second bowl and a mix of Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder in the 3rd bowl. Mix well.
3. Place a pan on medium heat, once hot, drizzle some oil and spread it around evenly. Start with any bowl and add ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. As soon as you add the batter, lift the pan and tilt it from side to side in a slow circular motion, allowing the batter to spread out as much as possible. Place the pan back onto the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides or until you start to see bubbles and the sides start to brown. Repeat this process until the batter is finished. Drizzle some more oil when needed.
4. Once you finish with one bowl, follow the same process for the other two bowls of batter. When ready, allow the crepes to slightly cool down while you prepare the icing.
5. Separate icing equally into 3 separate bowls. Add remaining ¼ tsp of supercolors. 1 color per bowl.
6. Assemble crepe cake – Start with 1 supercolor. Create a stack of crepes and spread the same icing on the top crepe. It’s okay if the icing starts to gently fall off the corners. Place the second stack of crepes on top of the icing and follow the same process until you have a tower with 3 layers of crepes and icing. Enjoy crepe cake as is or using an icing knife or butter knife, gently scrape the icing falling out of the stack in a circular motion all around the crepe cake.
7. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.