Pastel Blue Macarons with Coconut Ganache Cream
The gorgeous Pastel Blue Macaron with Coconut Ganache Filling has us feeling on cloud 9! With each dainty bite sized macaron, is filled with the perfect amount of coconut chocolate ganache. We’re absolutely loving the stunning pastel blue that Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder brings out! We’re sure you’ll go coconuts for this recipe!
Aqua Spirulina Macaron Shell:
65 grams almond meal
65 grams icing sugar
40 grams aquafaba
40 grams caster sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
Coconut Chocolate Ganache:
120 grams chocolate of choice
80 gram coconut cream
10 gram dairy free butter
Pinch of salt
Pinch of instant coffee powder
1. To Make Macaron — Start by placing aquafaba in a small saucepan. Simmer it for 10 minutes. Measure out 40 grams. Set aside to let it cool.
2. Blend almond meal with icing sugar in a food processor, shift the mixture. Do not press the lumps thru the shift; discard them. Set aside until ready to be used.
3. Clean a large bowl and wire whisk with vinegar. Place Aquafaba, beat on medium speed until foamy, add in cream of tartar and 1/3 of sugar then beat until well incorporated. Add in another 1/3 of sugar, beat for 30 seconds then add in the remaining sugar and Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder. Beat until meringue reaches stiff peak form.
4. Shift in half of the almond mixture to meringue, using a spatula, gently fold until everything just comes together then add in another half of the mixture. Fold until everything just comes together.
5. Continue to fold the batter until you get a batter that falls in thick ribbon consistency.
6. Batter is done when you can draw an 8 figure without breaking. (This is crucial to get perfect macarons) Transfer batter to a piping bag filled with a large round tip, pipe horizontally on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Once done, let them rest on the counter for around 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven at 145 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
8. Gently tap the surface of the macaron with your finger. You will know they are ready to go in the oven when the surface is dry to touch. Bake them for 13 minutes.
9. To make Chocolate Ganache — Melt everything in a double boiler; whisk to combine until well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to be used.
10. Once macarons are completely cooled, sandwich them with chocolate ganache. Enjoy!