Butterfly Pea Steamed Crystal Dumplings with Enoki Mushroom Filling
Feast on the rainbow! The beauty of these steamed crystal dumplings attracts the taste and captures the heart. Filled with Enoki mushrooms and colored simply using our Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder! One bite of this will take you to a umami ride of texture & flavor! Perfect for weekend activity.
200g enoki mushroom, chopped
1 large carrot, shredded
1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
1/2 tbsp freshly greater ginger
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
Crystal dumpling wrapper:
100g wheat starch
20g potato starch
1/8 to 1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder
60g hot boiling water
1. Filling — Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened. Add enoki mushroom, carrots, ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add sugar, pepper, salt and cornstarch, cook for a further minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. Wrappers — In a large bowl combine wheat starch, potato starch and butterfly pea flower powder. Add hot boiling water to the mixing bowl while stirring with a wooden spoon. When the dough is not too hot to handle, knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it turns into smooth dough ball. Add more potato starch if needed.
3. Divide dough into 2. Work with 1 dough at the time and cover the other dough with cling wrap. Divide dough into pieces, about 10g. Roll out dough with a rolling pin. Use a cookie cutter to cut-out uniformed round shape dumpling wrappers. Place the wrapper over a non-stick surface and cover it with a cling wrap to keep it moist as you work on the rest of dough.
4. Assemble — Place a spoonful of filling in the middle of a wrapper. Wet the edge with water. Fix the starting point with the thumb of right hand and begin to fold the edge. Repeat the steps to seal the dumpling completely.
5. Place dumplings in the steamer and steam over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy.