Purple Lilac Dream Taro Yam Cheesecake
There's no better way to brighten the Saturday morning with a slice of this luxuriously silky Purple Lilac Dream Taro Yam Cheesecake! This fun, colorfully delicious twist on this classic dessert wins the title for the fluffiest, extra decadent, smooth texture cake and the purple-licious color achieved naturally by using Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powder. The result is divine and has to be seen to be believed! A second (or more) serving is a guaranteed!
125g cream cheese
60g heavy cream
15g cake flour (sieved twice)
10g corn starch
3 tbsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powder
35g large egg yolks
70g egg white
1 tsp vanilla
10g sugar + 70g sugar (egg white)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/150C. Line a cakepan with a piece of parchment paper. Fill another large baking pan halfway with water. Place the large pan on the middle rack in the oven.
2. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, 10g sugar, heavy cream and milk. Place the bowl over a pot of hot water; keep stirring until it becomes smooth.
3. Sift flour and taro powder into the mixture from step 2, and gently fold until you don’t see any flour. Put the batter in fridge before use.
4. In a large bowl, beat the egg white with an electric whisk until foamy. Add 1/3 of the sugar. Keep whisking until it starts to thicken and add another 1/3 of the sugar. Whisk and then add the remaining sugar. Continue whisking until big soft peak forms.
5. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter; gently fold to combine using a spatula. Pour the mixed batter back into the 2/3 egg whites and fold to mix well.
6. Transfer the batter to a cake pan and place it into the large pan filled with water. Bake for 60 minutes or more. Carefully remove cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack.