Pink Flamingo Meringue Lollipops
The sweetest pop! These fun, adorable Pink Flamingo Meringue Lollipops will make your inner kid jump with happiness. Just take a bite, and taste the sweetness with a crisp texture that immediately melts in your mouth! This lollipop is addictive! Add a lot of fun & a delightful pink hue with Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder. This treat will be great for your younger's party, birthday, or just any day! Have fun, the best things in life are sweet!
3 egg whites (approx. 100g) room temp
100g granulated sugar
100g confectioners sugar (1:2 egg white-to-sugar ratio)
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or white vinegar or lemon juice)
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
Black & white pearl sugars
1. Prepare parchment papers on two baking sheets.
2. Preheat oven to 200°F (100°C).
3. In a stand mixing bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt. Start mixer on med-low speed using a whisk attachment. Once mixture begins to form very soft peaks, increase speed to high and slowly add granulated sugar a spoonful at a time until fully incorporated. Add in the confectioner’s sugar, occasionally scraping the bottom/sides of the bowl. Once all sugars have been added, continue to mix on high for 8-10 mins or until VERY STIFF peaks. Using a small bowl, combine a dollop of the meringue with Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder. Mix and transfer back into the mixing bowl. Whisk until color is evenly distributed, finishing on low speed to eliminate air pockets.
4. Transfer meringue evenly into two piping bags, secured with 1A and 1M tips. Using the round tip, pipe the body of a flamingo similar to drawing a “2”. Lay down a lollipop stick as the flamingo’s leg. Using the 1M tip, pipe a circular rose for the flamingo’s feathers covering one tip of the stick. Place one black pearl sugar for the eye, and white sugars for decoration. Continue making flamingos, dolloping simple meringue cookies with remaining meringue.
5. Transfer sheets to oven and bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven, and allow sheets to cool in oven for 1 additional hour. Cookies should lift straight off the baking sheet. Admire your flamingo lollipops and ENJOY!