Beautiful Blue Vegan Fettuccine
Get your forks ready! You'll want to dig into this blue-tiful dish. Just when we thought classic, homemade pasta couldn't get any better, Sasha @earthlingsasha blue us away with this delightful Blue Vegan Fettuccine Pasta!
Created by the talented Sasha. Check out her Instagram @earthlingsasha for more beautiful recipes!
160 ml water
Handful of Suncore Foods® Superbloom Butterfly Pea Flowers (around 40-45)
150 g wheat flour
159 g semolina flour
½ tsp salt (or Suncore Foods® Rose Salt)
2 tsp Olive oil
1. Begin by steeping your flowers in 160ml of boiling water for 3-4minutes or until a deep blue color. Strain and set aside, letting cool to room temp.
2. Begin making the dough by mixing the flour, semolina and salt in a bowl. Create a well and add in the blue water and olive oil. Mix and form a dough.
3. Transfer to a floured working surface and knead dough until smooth and soft (approx 7min). Wrap in a ball and cover firmly. Let chill in fridge for 1/2-1hr.
4. On a floured surface, split the dough in half and roll out one half. Try till it out as thin as you can or use a pasta machine. Loosely roll up, making sure to flour the surface and use a sharp knife to cut into strips. Uncurl and lay loosely.
5. To cook, add to salted boiling water and cook for about 4-5min. Serve with your fav pesto, pasta sauce or keep it simple with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Enjoy!