Homemade Summer Campfire Velvet Red Beet Vegan Marshmallows
Alright everyone, let's talk marshmallows. Sweet, light-as-air, melt-in-your-mouth fluffy pillows of deliciousness. These most divine Homemade Summer Campfire Velvet Red Beet Vegan Marshmallows are easy and so much better than store-bought. This is also the perfect way to get your kids involved with the addition of colors and flavors from Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders starting with this dreamy pink hue incorporated Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder. Perfect to add to any summer campfire s'more or heavenly on top of a cup of hot cocoa at camp starry night.
140g reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1g cream of tartar
1g xanthan gum
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
100g caster sugar
50g corn syrup
2 tsp agar agar powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder for the color
1. Combine 20g cornstarch and 20g powdered sugar for dusting
2. Line a 6x6 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, add chilled aquafaba, cream of tartar, xanthan gum and salt. Whisking on medium while cooking the sugar syrup.
4. Add 40g water and agar agar powder in a saucepan, cook until agar and sugar dissolved.
5. Add in 50g water, corn syrup and sugar in a saucepan, heat until it reaches 120c.
6. Once the syrup has reached temperature, pour sugar syrup, agar water mixture and velvet red beet powder into the aquafaba meringue while continuing to whisk on high speed until fluffy and has enough body to hold when piped.
7. Transfer marshmallow into the prepared pan. Spread the marshmallow into the corners and then level out the top. Sieve the icing sugar and cornstarch mixture over the top of the marshmallow to coat. Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight to set.