Green Forest Fairy Matcha Crepe Cake
If you are matcha lover, you must try this cake! This gorgeous Green Forest Fairy Matcha Crepe Cake has it all: texture, earthy sweet flavor, and a dreamy handmade layers of green tea crepes stacked together with fresh whipped cream in-between. Elegant, eye catching, and melts in your mouth cake infused & finished with Suncore Foods® Japanese Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder. One slice and you're in heaven!
3/4 cup (80g) cake flour
8g (2 tsp) Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
2 large eggs
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1 3/4 cup (400g) milk
1 1/2 tbsp (15g) melted butter/vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add in sugar, milk and oil, and whisk to mix well.
2. Sift flour in a big bowl. Add Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder. And add eggs mixture from step 1. Whisk to mix well. Sift twice the batter.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet (about 8-in) to medium heat. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter and swirling the skillet as you add the batter to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Pour extra batter back to the bowl and use a stick to edge the crepe immediately. Take out the extra crepes from the pan.
4. Cook the crepe until big bubbles show up. Transfer the crepe to a cooling rack and repeat until all batter is used.
5. Then in a big bowl, whip the cream and sugar until soft peak forms.
6. Place a crepe on a cake plate and top with 1/3 cup cream, spreading it over the entire crepe with a metal spatula. Top with another crepe. Continuing layering the cream and crepes. To finish, spread cream on the entire cake and decorate with matcha powder.