Hibiscus Strawberry Flower Tart
Strawberry purée, coconut cream, soy milk & more in a crisp pastry crust, this flavor combo has got us saying ohh la la! This Hibiscus Strawberry Flower Tart is the perfect way to get your pink on The tart-tally amazing summer loving flavors will dance on your tongue!
Recipe and photo by our brand ambassador Mei Yee. Check out her Instagram @nm_meiyee for more magnificent recipes!
Crust 12”x 8” tart pan
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup almond meal
3/4 cup powdered sugar
200g cold vegan butter
3-4 tbsp cold almond milk
Pinch of salt (Suncore Foods® Rose Salt)
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 canned coconut milk (solid cream)
1/3 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
2 tsp agar agar powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder (dissolve in 2 tsp water)
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Grease a 12”x 8” tart pan. In a food processor, add flour, almond meal, powered sugar, salt, pulse until combined.
3. Then slowly add the butter, pulsing until you get a coarse meal. Add cold milk and pulse until a dough ball forms.
4. Roll dough into a rectangular shape, then place gently into tart pan.
5. Decorative top and edge in desired pattern with the remaining dough with flower shaped cookie cutters.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until crust is golden brown.
1. Add strawberries in a blender. Blend into a puree.
2. Add soy milk and blend it again. Strain strawberry puree and soy milk mixture through a mesh sieve.
3. Place coconut cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then add in agar and cornstarch, whisk until agar is completely dissolved. Stirring constantly. Whisk in strawberry milk mixture, maple syrup, vanilla and hibiscus flower. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Gently pouring into the cooled tart.
5. Place tart in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
6. Remove tart from the tart tin and garnish with strawberries.