Emerald Pandan Leaf Cheesy Naan
We have some cheesy, gooey, soft naan that naan can resist. Wonderfully soft and puffy with brown blisters and all! And with the addition of Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder, this naan takes on a new level of fun that is hard to turn down--not that within these addictively chewy flatbreads is a gooey cheesy center that already makes it irresistible. Absolutely delicious on their own, but fantastic paired with stews and sauces. Watch this cheesy bread come together in our recipe video!
Makes 6-8 naans
1 cup warm water
3 tsp dry active yeast
1 tbs sugar
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp Rose Salt
1.2 tsp garlic powder
3.5 tbsp Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder
2 tbs olive oil (+ more for brushing)
¼ cup plain yogurt
¼ - ½ cup grated cheese per naan
Optional – butter to serve
1. Combine water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside until doubled in size, approximately 10-12 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, garlic powder, and Supercolor Powder.
3. Add the water-yeast mixture to the dry ingredients along with olive oil and yogurt. Mix well and form a dough ball.
4. Lightly oil the inside of a clean bowl and place the dough ball into the bowl. Cover and proof for 1 hour.
5. Punch the dough to release air and divide the dough into 6-8 round portions. Brush each portion with olive oil.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion and place some cheese in the center of the rolled-out naan. Fold in each side, enclosing the cheese within. Gently roll the dough again, flattening it as much as possible without breaking the skin.
7. Place a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add some oil and spread it around evenly. Place the naan in the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes on both sides until the air bubbles are golden-brown and the naan is cooked through.
8. Note on air bubbles – the more cheese you use the fewer the air bubbles will be. Using ½ cup of cheese will have 0 air bubbles. This is okay!