Acai Berry Quinoa Cheesecake Bars
We're definitely cheesing over something sweet. These Acai Berry Quinoa Cheesecake Bars are the striking highlight of your dining table with their fun purple layers! Made with light and airy Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes for the crust, and incorporated Suncore Foods® Amethyst Acai Powder into the filling to create dreamy purple hues! To top it all off, sprinkled magically with Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes! The sparkles are eye-catching and make these purple treats shine with glitz and glamour, How perfect are these?!
1 cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup agave
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp water
1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked overnight
1 can full fat coconut cream (unshaken), solid cream only
1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
1/3 cup agave
1 lemon, squeezed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
3 tbsp Suncore Foods® Amethyst Acai Berry Powder, divided
1. Soak cashews overnight in a bowl of water. Alternatively, you can pour boiling water over your cashews, cover them, and allow them to soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Prepare an 8" x 8" dish or pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper. Spray your pan, and then line it with parchment paper using two long pieces that criss-cross in the middle. Cut your parchment paper long enough that it hangs over the sides, which will help you pull the bars out later.
3. Crust — In a food processor or blender, add the Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes, almond flour, agave, vanilla, and water. Blend until everything is well incorporated. Dump crust into your prepared pan and firmly press to make an even layer or crust, covering the bottom of your pan; refrigerate.
4. Filling — In a clean food processor or blender, add the soaked cashews, coconut oil, agave, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Then open your can of coconut cream and scoop only the white cream into your blender; save the excess liquid for another use (or toss). Blend for a couple of minutes or until mixture is smooth.
5. For the light purple layer, blend 1 tbsp of Suncore Foods® Amethyst Acai Berry Powder into the cheesecake mixture. Pour half of the mixture over the refrigerated crust, smoothing it out with a spatula; freeze. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of the Suncore Foods® Amethyst Acai Berry Powder & Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder to the remaining filling. Blend until color is incorporated. Wait 10 minutes and then pour the dark purple filling over the light purple layer, smoothing it out with a spatula. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
6. Allow your cheesecake to thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Using the parchment paper, carefully pull the cheesecake out of the pan. Slice into 12 bars, wiping your knife clean between each slice. Just before serving, sprinkle the bars with a bit of the Suncore Foods® Amethyst Acai Berry Powder and the Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes. Enjoy immediately!
7. Store leftovers in the freezer or refrigerator as the bars will melt at room temperature.