Matcha and Cocoa Challah
Pillowy cotton-like soft & fluffy pull apart Matcha & Cocoa Challah is going to be your new keeper! Each slice is full of delightful matcha flavor and perfectly accompanies that afternoon cup of coffee or tea. Striking rich green tea swirls delectably made with Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder. The perfect amount of light and fluffy that just satisfies your taste buds. Not only does this taste great but our matcha offer a beautiful color & gentle energy, there isn't a reason not to make this in time for your breakfast.
500g (4 cups) bread flour or all purpose flour
1 packet (2 + 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1 tsp fine salt
320 ml (1+1/3 cups) lukewarm oat milk *
1 tbsp agave/ honey for non vegan
60g (4 tbsp) melted vegan butter or neutral oil
*or other plant milk
1-2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
1/2 tbsp water
3/4 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tbsp water
1. Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to combine.
2. Add wet ingredients.
3. Start kneading on low until dough comes together. Knead on medium until dough is smooth and elastic. (10 min)
4. Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
5. Set one part aside (white part).
6. Whisk Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder + water and add to a piece of dough. Knead to combine. Combine cacao and water and add to the other piece of dough. Knead to combine.
7. Place each dough into a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 60-90 min until double in size.
8. Once doughs have done rising, divide each color in 2 pieces.
9. Deflate each piece by pressing it into a rectangle and then roll it up into a long rope about 60 cm long.
10. Braid the 6 strands as shown in video.
11. Cover braided bread and let rise for 20 min.
12. Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
13. Brush bread with plant milk and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.