Snowflakes Gingerbread Cookies with Pink Pitaya Glaze
Although our favorite time of the year may be over but we are not done celebrating! We have the perfect Melt-In-Your-Mouth Snowflakes Gingerbread Cookies glazed with our Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder for you to munch on. These aren't your average cookies, they are extra special Pink and Cream Winter Wonderland homemade gingerbread cookies that add a little sparkle & dragon fruit fun to the festive season.
Snowflakes gingerbread cookies:
4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need 5 cups)
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup unsalted butter softened slightly but still cool
1 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup molasses
Pink Pitaya Icing:
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas or 2 egg whites
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tsp water (as needed)
3-5 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
1. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Then whisk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
2. Add the molasses, and mix until combined.
3. Whisk and blend the eggs, one at a time, into your cookie dough.
4. Sift and mix your cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves, and mix on medium-low speed until combined.
5. Add about 2/3 of the flour, then mix on low speed until incorporated
6. Keep adding flour until the dough turns into a ball.
7. Stop mixing when the cookie dough pulls from the bowl without leaving behind any traces.
8. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
9. Roll the dough to a thickness of 3/8”. Use rolling pin rings for uniform thickness.
10. Use different sizes of star-shaped cookie cutters
11. Preheat the oven to 375 °F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
12. Bake for 10-12 minutes (or until the cookies are set).
13. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets.