Merry Embossed Matcha Hibiscus Cranberry Jam Cookie Sandwiches
Cozy up with a warm blanket plus a plateful of earthy, morning energy boosters—Merry Midori Jade Matcha Cookies, to start the day. Infused with a creamy cranberry jam centered in between two crispy beautifully embossed matcha cookies, these yummy sandwiched treats will take you to a sweet escape.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 45 Cookies
1 ¼-2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
¼ cup cane sugar (adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat your wet ingredients (except eggs) in a stand mixer until it reaches a smooth consistency. Avoid overbeating to prevent air bubbles.
3. Whisk and blend the egg into your dough.
4. Sift and mix your dry batter ingredients.
5. Keep adding flour until the dough turns into a ball.
6. Stop mixing when the cookie dough pulls from the bowl without leaving behind any traces.
7. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
8. Roll the dough to a thickness of 3/8”. Use rolling pin rings for uniform thickness.
9. Use a floral cookie cutter to cut your cookie shape.
10. Assemble the cut cookies with a 2” gap.
11. Bake for 9-12 mins (or until the cookies set).
12. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets.
13. Create cookie sandwiches by filling homemade buttercream between two cookies.