Snow Quinoa Flakes Tofu Meatballs In Noodle Soup
Robust and boasting powerful flavors from earthy spices, this Tofu Meatball Noodle Soup ignites the moment each spoonful touches your lips down to your belly. Large tofu meatballs featuring Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes are satisfyingly chewy and tender, enhanced with a heart and soul-warming broth that can be customizable to your needs and preferences. Watch this soulful, heartwarming dish come together in our recipe video!
Tofu Meatball Ingredients:
~200 g tofu (1 cup crumbled)
2-4 garlic cloves
½ cup chopped onions
⅓ cup packed fresh parsley (+ more for garnish)
½ - ¾ tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp turmeric
½ - ¾ tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp olive oil (+ more for brushing)
½ cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
Soup base of choice
Cooked noodles of choice as per serving preference
Optional garnish – chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg. F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the block of tofu between paper towels and press down on it to release excess water. Keep tofu wrapped in the paper towels and set aside.
3. Place all remaining ingredients, except quinoa flakes, in a blender or food processor and pulse into a paste. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
4. Remove tofu from paper towels and crumble it to equal 1 cup of crumbled tofu. Place crumbled tofu between fresh paper towels and squeeze out any remaining water.
5. Mix in the tofu with the prepared paste. Fold in quinoa flakes ensuring everything is well combined. You shouldn’t have any dried flakes remaining.
6. Form meatballs: Using your clean hands, roll the mixture into a meatball and place it on the baking tray. Follow the same process till the mixture is over and you have 10-12 meatballs.
7. Brush the meatballs with olive oil (optional) and bake for 18-20 minutes and until the meatballs are crispy on the outside.
8. Pour soup into a bowl and add noodles. Place meatballs over the noodles and garnish with parsley and (optional) chili flakes.