Red Velvet Madeleine Tower
Even after an epic Thanksgiving dinner, there is always room for dessert especially something festive & perfect for the holidays or with tea any time of the year! This decadent and scrumptious Red Velvet Madeleine Tower is a warm and cozy, beautifully upgraded holiday dessert that will have you craving for more. And the secret to perfecting your cake is our Suncore Foods® Cosmos Red Cabbage and Red Beet Powders. It's a batch made in heaven!
Makes 35-40 Pieces Small Madeleines
For Madeleines — Dry Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup self raising flour
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 tbsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
3 tbsp Suncore Foods® Cosmos Red Cabbage Powder
Pinch of salt
For Madeleines — Wet Ingredients:
100ml hot water
2 cups milk of choice
2/3 cup melted butter (cooled)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
For Chocolate Coating:
200 grams white chocolate
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl; whisk to combine well, set aside.
3. Place all wet ingredients in a separate bowl; mix until everything is incorporated.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture. Using a spatula, fold until everything comes together.
5. Let the batter rest in the chiller for 2-3 hours before baking.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
7. Grease the Madeleines pan.
8. Scoop batter to Madeleines pan (it should be almost all the way full for each madeleines) bake them for about 14 minutes.
9. Repeat until the batter is used up.
10. To Make Red Chocolate Coating — Place chocolate over double boiler. Once chocolate has melted; stir in all other ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag; squeeze small amount of chocolate on madeleines pan, then place the baked madeleines on top of the chocolate, gently swirl to coat evenly. Once done; place the pan in the freezer for 1 minute. Remove the pan and gently tap in on the counter to release madeleines. Enjoy!