Rainbow Sushi Donuts
Let's eat the rainbow! These super fun, one-of-a-kind Rainbow Sushi Donuts are great for an afternoon pick me up as a creative brunch or lunch! They are fun, packed with wonderful delightfulness, and will put a smile on anyone's face! Add all-wonderful rainbow colors with Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea, Ebony Carrot, Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powders. This joyous and creative meal will definitely satisfy even the pickiest little eater. Add a little bit of magic and rainbows with our Supercolor Powders! Two fan favorite foods rolled into one! What's not to love?
100g beetroot, peeled and finely chopped
Water for boiling beetroot
155g carrots, peeled and finely chopped
55g famari (or soy sauce, non-GF option)
40g maple syrup
5g rice vinegar
½ tsp chili flakes (or to taste)
Sprinkle of dehydrated minced onions (or crispy onions)
115g x 3 sushi rice
¾ tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Supercolor Powder
1¼ tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder
75g shaved cucumber or cucumber ribbons
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
Equipment Needed: Donut molds
1. Preheat oven to 350'. Grease 7 inch cake pan. Set aside.
2. For blue Batter — Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Beat egg whites with 2 tsp of sugar until stiff peaks. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, the rest of sugar, egg yolks, cold water, oil, beat until incorporated. Add Ebony Carrot Powder mixed with water. Using spatula fold egg whites into the batter.
3. For Vanilla Batter — Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Beat egg white with 1 tsp of sugar until stiff peaks. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, vanilla extract salt, sugar, egg yolks, cold water, oil, beat until incorporated. Using spatula fold egg whites into the batter.
4. Layer your batter into your pan, starting with vanilla, then chocolate, and ending with vanilla. Use a butter knife to swirl them together gently. Do not over-mix or your cake will not have a marbled interior.
5. In a mixing bowl beat mascarpone together with powdered sugar, Ebony Carrot powder and whipping cream until smooth. Assemble cake.