Rainbow Sheet Cake
Streamers? Games? Gifts? Birthday Cake? No worries, we've got an amazingly easy recipe for a super fun sheet cake that is sure to be a showstopper for any birthday party! With an extremely simple recipe, you can have a special homemade cake in about an hour with the added charm and personal touch of generous drizzles of vibrant icing to decorate it! Instead of crossing your fingers for some random, suitable sheet cake at your local grocery store, bust out Suncore Foods® Powders and mix some icing for a special, personal cake!
16g arrowroot starch
242g vanilla oat milk
10g pure vanilla extract
40g dairy-free butter, melted
8g apple cider vinegar
285g gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
10g baking powder
2g baking soda
Icing Ingredients: Makes a thin layer of icing, double ingredients for extra icing.
20g dairy-free butter, softened
2-3g pure vanilla extract
60g coconut cream whipping cream
200g powdered sugar
2-3g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
4g Suncore Foods® Cerise Prickly Pear Powder
4g Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
6g Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
Equipment Needed: 8x8” or 11x7” baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine arrowroot starch, milk and oil. Mix well to avoid arrowroot clumps. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
3. In the same bowl, mix in vanilla extract, butter, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well until the batter is smooth and well combined. Ensure there are no flour clusters remaining.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-28 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. If using a deeper baking dish bake for 25-28 minutes. If using a shallow baking dish baking for 20-23 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and transfer cake to a cooking rack. Allow sheet cake to cool completely before icing.
7. Icing – Using an electric beater, cream together butter, vanilla extract and coconut cream. Mix in sugar 100 g at a time until smooth and well combined. Adjust sugar quantity as needed. Equally divide icing into 4 bowls and mix in 1 Suncore Foods® Powder into each bowl.
8. Starting with any 1 Suncore Foods® Powder, pour color icing to one end of the sheet cake. Using a butter knife or the back of a spoon, gently spread icing width wise to cover ¼ of the cake. Follow the same process for the remaining icing. Allow icing to settle before serving.