Rainbow Rice Cake
Achieve your dream or wish with this Rainbow Rice Cake or mujigae-tteok (무지개떡). Not only is this beautiful and colorful, it is made on special occasions such as banquet, baby's 1 year old birthday or a wedding. Incorporated Powders from Suncore Foods® (Blue Butterfly Pea, Midori Jade Matcha, Pink Pitaya, Red Beet, and Yellow Goldenberry). This cake fit for a true rainbow lover or on this lovely Monday funday!
6-Inch Cake Ring
Blue: 50g Korean wet rice flour, 1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder, 6g water, 1 tbsp sugar
Green: 50g Korean wet rice flour, 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder, 6g water, 1 tbsp sugar
Pink: 50g Korean wet rice flour, 3 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder, 6g water, 1 tbsp sugar
Orange: 50g Korean wet rice flour, 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry, 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, 6g water, 1 tbsp sugar
White: 50g Korean wet rice flour, 6g water, 1 tbsp sugar
Note: You can use dry rice flour, but need to add 2x the water (12 ~15g water)
1. Mix blue ingredients in a bowl. Rub with your hands and press out any wet lumps until all it turns into rough sand texture. Repeat the same process for other colors.
2. Sift each of the colored rice flour once.
3. Add 10 cups of water to the bottom of a steamer and bring to a boil.
4. In the mean time, place a wet cloth over the steamer rack and put the cake ring on top. Put the sifted colored rice flour into the ring, one layer at a time. And flatten it out so the mixture sits level.
5. Put the rack into the steamer and steam over high heat for 30 minutes.