Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Buns
We're mesmerized by these purple swirls and can't take our eyes off of them! These Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Buns are made out of fluffy and soft magic. Incorporated Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder into the dough to create those yummy tasting spirals. Who wants one?!
Recipe Makes 6
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp sugar of choice
1/2 cup plant-based milk
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
2 tsp plant-based milk
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, add in oil and milk gradually, mix into a dough. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 2. Knead the plain dough until smooth, elastic, and shiny. Cover with kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
3. Add the dissolved Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder mixture to the second portion of dough, knead until well incorporated, dough becomes smooth, elastic, and shiny.
4. Roll out the plain dough on parchment paper, roll out into thin flat rectangle. Set aside.
5. Roll out the purple dough on parchment paper, roll out into thin flat rectangle.
6. Gently stack the purple dough on top of the plain. Use a rolling pin to seal the two layers. Gently roll the dough into a log. Cut log into about 6 equal pieces and place them on parchment paper squares. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
7. Steam buns for 15 minutes on low heat. Serve warm. Enjoy!