Midori Jade Madeleines
We must confess, we are OBSESSED with baked goods, especially when they're homemade! Plus it leaves your house smelling amazing all day! These Madeleines are absolutely adorable and they're the perfect shape for summer! Shell we dig in? Yes we shell!
Recipe and photo by the beautiful Yukiko. Check out her Instagram @foodie.yuki for more beautiful recipes!
madeleines mold /mini muffin mold; food processor optional
350 grams cake flour sifted
180 grams light brown sugar
200 ml of water
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
100 ml neutral oil like sunflower seeds/canola oil
200 ml fresh organic orange juice
zest of 2 organic oranges
8 grams of baking powder
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
2. Grease a madeleines pan with oil/ butter.
3. Place the water and orange juice in a bowl of a food processor (or place the ingredients in a bowl and combine with a whisk). Add the sugar and whisk until completely dissolved.
4. With the machine working, slowly add the oil and whisk until fully combined.
5. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine.
6. Add the flour, baking powder, and orange zest and keep whisking until smooth.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• To make it gluten-free, replace cake flour with 175g potato flour and 175g corn starch.
• For the matcha version, add1 tbsp matcha powder and replace orange juice with non-dairy milk (I used almond). Orange zest is also not required.
• For the chocolate version, add 1 tbsp raw cacao powder and replace orange juice with non-dairy milk (I used almond). Orange zest can be used if you like.
• The food processor simplifies the method but it’s totally fine to whisk the ingredients by hand.