Japanese Vegan Bunny Melon Pan
Look how adorable this nostalgic Miffy Melon Pan is! These dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan-friendly Japanese Vegan Bunny Melon Pan would go so perfect with coming Easter celebration! Brighten your day & weekend with these lovely pans using Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder. Unlock the rainbow and make food overflowing with fun and playful endless assortments of Suncore Foods® Powders.
Make 6 Buns
220g bread flour or all purpose flour
20g light brown sugar
3g (1/2 tsp) salt
3g (1 tsp) instant yeast
30g vegan butter/ butter, softened
140 ml soy milk, warm
70g (1/2 cup) mini chocolate chips
60g icing sugar
60g vegan butter/ butter softened
Pinch of salt
30 ml soy milk (2tbsp) room temp
140g all purpose flour
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder
2 tbsp granulated sugar for rolling
1. Make the Bread Dough — In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with hook attachment, combine flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast. Add soy milk, butter and vanilla and knead until soft and elastic ( 10-15 minutes). Shape the dough into a ball and place into a lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (1-1.5h).
2. Make the Cookie Dough — Place softened butter into a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar and whisk until fluffy. dd flour, Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder, and salt. Mix with a rubber spatula to combine. Don't knead. Form a log, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Assemble — Deflate bread dough and divide into 6 large pieces (about 50g each) and 12 small pieces (about 8g each). Add chocolate chips to the larger pieces and roll into balls. Roll the small pieces into logs to make ears. Cover while working with cookie dough. Divide cookie dough into 8 pieces. Roll 6 of them into balls and flatten into discs. Divide the remaining 2 pieces into 12 smaller pieces. Flatten the pieces and shape into ears. Wrap cookie dough around the buns. Coat the biscuit dough with granulated sugar. Score the top into crisscross pattern. Apply ears over the main bun.
4. Place on baking sheet, covered for 40 min.
5. Bake into preheat oven at 180C for 15 min. heat, covered for 40 min. Bake into preheat oven at 180C for about 9-10 min.