Galaxy Sugar Quinoa Cookies
We love stargazing on a clear, spooky starry night. These Galaxy Sugar Quinoa Cookies are Werewolves, Witches, and Zombies approved! Swirl together Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya & Blue Butterfly Pea Powders to get the right amount of frightfully fun coloring to impress your ghoulish guests!
½ cup of vegan butter
¾ cup of turbinado sugar
1 ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
⅛ cup of almond milk
2 cups of powdered sugar
2 tbsp of filtered water
½ tsp of Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
1 tsp of Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
1 tsp of activated charcoal coconut powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl whisk together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Next mix in Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes, flour, baking powder, and milk. Knead well to form dough. Roll dough out onto a floured surface and cut cookies.
3. Place cookies onto a greased baking sheet and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
4. In four separate bowls create each color as the following:
Blue: 3/4 cup powdered sugar + 1/2 tsp of Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder + 1 tsp of water
White: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water
Pink: 1/4 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water + 1 tsp of Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
Black: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water + 1 tsp of activated charcoal coconut powder
5. Remove cookies from oven and allow to completely cool. Once cookies are ready pour and swirl colors into a wide dish. Dip and twist each cookie into icing. Repeat process occasionally pouring in fresh color.
6. Once icing has dried serve and enjoy.