Christmas Cookies Tree
Impress your loved ones and elevate your holiday dessert game with a magical and decadent Christmas Cookies Tree. This show-stopping centerpiece is made using a special blend of Suncore Foods® Powders that include Aqua Blue Spirulina, Emerald Pandan Leaf, and Midori Jade Matcha Powders, which gives it a vibrant and jolly taste. Try it out this holiday season to spread some festive cheer and make your guests feel special. This delightful dessert is love at first bite and is sure to make your day merrier!
Makes 10-12 Cookies (medium size tree)
Double the Cookie Ingredients for A Large Tree (approximately 20 cookies)
Ginger Spiced Cookies — Dry Ingredients:
720g gluten-free all-purpose flour (or gluten-free 1-to-1 flour)
14g Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
10g Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder
140g powdered sugar
2½ tsp ground cinnamon
2½ tsp ground ginger root
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
Ginger Spiced Cookies — Wet Ingredients:
300g melted dairy-free butter
210g vanilla oat milk
2 tsp almond extract
Winter Blue Buttercream:
225g dairy-free butter at room temperature
6g cream of tartar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
325g powdered sugar
Equipment Needed: Concentric Star Cookie Cutters.
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
2. Form Dough — Combine the two sets of ingredients to form a soft dough. If the dough is too large to manage, create 3-4 smaller, more manageable, portions of dough. Create dough balls or dough logs tightly wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 3500 F and line 1-2 baking trays with parchment paper.
4. Roll and Cut Dough — Place one portion of dough between two sheets of wax paper and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4“ thickness (or to preference). Since this is a gluten-free dough, handle it gently. If the dough breaks, simply re-roll the dough. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough and remove excess dough. Lift the bottom wax paper gently remove the cut cookies and place them on the prepared baking tray.
5. Bake — Baking time will depend on size. For small cookies (up to 2” stars) bake for 8-10 minutes. For medium cookies (4-5” stars), bake for 12-14 minutes, and for large cookies (>5” stars), bake for 14-16 minutes. Bake on the middle rack and allow cookies to cool down completely before assembling the tree. Handle large gluten-free cookies gently, if they haven’t cooled completely, they risk breaking while moving them around.
6. Buttercream — Beat butter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in cream of tartar and vanilla extract and beat for a few seconds. Add Supercolor Powder and powdered sugar, half at a time, until well combined and you’re happy with the consistency. For a thicker buttercream, use more powdered sugar, and for a thinner buttercream, use less powdered sugar or add some plant milk, 1 tsp at a time.
7. Decorate Cookies — Add the buttercream to a piping bag and decorate cookies as per preference.
8. Assemble the Christmas Tree — Place the largest cookie at the bottom, on a flat surface, and stack cookies, alternating star points, in descending order.