Christmas Calendar Gingerbread Cookies
Wishing the most joyous Christmas to everybody and loved ones! It's our downtown to 25 days of Suncore Foods Christmas 15% Sitewide Winter Sale, and we truly hope you are all warm and cozy from love, blankets, and peppermint cocoa! Our hearts are certainly full, and you can bet that our Gingerbread Christmas Calendar is not as full as it once was. With crispy gingerbread cookies so beautifully decorated with icing colored with Suncore Foods® Powders, it is definitely a struggle to restrain ourselves to just one cookie a day. The spices and rich molasses are definitely a great way to countdown the days to Christmas one cookie at a time. Good to the very last crumb, this recipe is an absolute delight to try and decorate! So, let your hearts be light!
740g all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
170g dairy free butter
300g sugar of choice
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
360g sifted powdered sugar
Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina, Midori Jade Matcha, Emerald Pandan Leaf, Red Beet, and Ruby Red Radish Powders for the colors
1. Sift your dry ingredients together, set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, whisk together butter. sugar, vanilla and molasses together.
3. Add the dry ingredients. Mix on medium/low until a smooth ball starts to
form, do not over mix. Add more flour if needed.
4. Roll out dough onto parchment paper or a baking mat to 1/4" thick. Try to
make the dough as even in thickness as possible. Refrigerate the dough for
5. Preheat oven to 180c. Cut out cookies using cookie cutters. Transfer to
parchment-covered baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from
the oven and let fully cool before moving.
6. Make the icing in a stand mixer, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Add all powdered sugar and beat on low speed until thick. Beat in Suncore Foods® Powder and beat until thickened. Thin the icing with water to the desired consistency.
7. Decorate cookie pieces with royal icing. Let dry completely.