Butterfly Pea Flower Mousse Cake with Butterfly Pea Flowers Jelly
This almost too pretty to be real Butterfly Pea Flower Mousse Cake with Butterfly Pea Flowers Jelly is a color explosion treat perfect for any celebration! Gentle ocean hues, enchanting layers of pretty shades, it's a kind of grown up “playing with food” we wholeheartedly approve of. Colors are one of those things that make us incredibly happy. With the love of Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder & Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers, this edible works of art has the prettiest eye-popping colors.
120g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
93g dairy free yogurt
90g soy milk
100g sugar of choice
55g melted dairy free butter or coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
Blue Butterfly Pea Mousse:
75g canned coconut milk
1/2 tsp agar agar powder
20g sugar of choice
75g dairy free dark chocolate
85g whipped coconut cream
1 -2 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder *dissolved
Butterfly Pea Flower Jelly:
1 cup water
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers
1/8 cup sugar of choice
1/2 tsp agar agar powder
1. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients.
2. Gently fold the mixture with a spatula to incorporate.
3. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Tap gently against the counter to release air bubbles. Bake at 170c for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut out cake using a cookie cutter. Set aside.
4. Bring coconut milk to a boil, add in agar powder and cook until dissolved, whisking constantly. Pour hot cream over the white chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Add in the 175g whipped coconut cream and mix until smooth. Color mixture with dissolved Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder.
5. Place cake into a mold and pour the mousse on top. Place in the freezer to set.
6. In a saucepan add water, sugar and Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers. When it starts boiling, add the agar powder. whisking constantly until agar has dissolved. Allow to boil for approximately 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Strain it through a fine mesh sieve. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before gently pouring over the top of the mousse. Place tart in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.