Rose Shortbread Cookies
Seriously, these Rose Shortbread Cookies are magical! Classic delicate, buttery, rich shortbread cookies dressed up with the addition of Suncore Foods® Rose Petal mixed into the dough and sprinkle some Suncore Foods® Rose Petals and Albizia Flower Buds on top to take them to the next level! So much flavor in every bite, you won't believe how good they are and unbelievably easy to make. Perfect with a cup of tea and the loveliest cookies to bake up any time.
For A Dozen Medium Cookies
115g (½ cup) softened plant butter (stick) / or butter
70g (1/3 cup ) superfine sugar (or granulated sugar)*
160g (1 1/4 cups) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cardamom, optional
3 tbsp Suncore Foods® Rose Petals
*if using granulated sugar, pulse a couple times in a food processor
Melted white chocolate
Suncore Foods® Rose Petals & Suncore Foods® Albizia Flower Buds
1. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk flour, salt and cardamom.
3. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture in two times and beat until well incorporated.
4. Add Suncore Foods® Rose Petals and mix to combine.
5. Flatten dough into a disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 170C degrees.
7. Roll out dough 4-6 mm thick.
8. Using a cookie cutter cut out shapes and place on the prepared sheets.
9. Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes.
10. Let cool down completely.
11. Dip each cookie into melted chocolate and decorate with edible flowers. Enjoy!