Botanical Superbloom Shortbread Cookies
Visually stunning and delightfully easy to make Botanical Superbloom Shortbread Cookies are the perfect cookies for tea time centerpiece, summer gathering, and for any special occasion. These delicious little summer bloom added to your cookies will wow everyone! And they add the most beautiful touch of colors using Suncore Foods® Superblooms—Rose Petals, Peony Buds, Forget Me Not Flowers, and Carnation Blossoms. We are stoked and we know you will too.
Ingredients for 40 Medium Cookies
160g softened butter/ plant butter (stick)
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
80g powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp corn starch
250g (2 cups) spelt (or all purpose) flour
1/4 cup assorted flowers from Suncore Foods softened into warm water, then dried (Suncore Foods® Rose Petals, Peony Buds, Forget Me Not Flowers, and Carnation Blossoms)
1. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add icing sugar and salt; beat until light well combined.
3. Scrape bowl down and add flour while beating on low and mix until combined.
4. Shape the dough into a disc, sprinkle petals on top and roll out on a clean surface to 5mm.
5. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm. At least an hour.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shape and place cookies on a cookie tray or lined baking tray.
7. Preheat oven to 170C degrees.
8. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
9. Dip into chocolate of choice!