Blue Butterfly Pea Cheesecake Tart
Bring down the heat and sweeten your day with this clam ocean Blue Butterfly Pea Cheesecake Tart. Let's dive right into this relaxing ocean, enjoy the crunchy tart, and satisfy your taste bud with the delicious creamy cheesecake. With the color-changing magic of Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers Superbloom, we can create this relaxing ocean hue. Choose your favorite fruits to top off this beauty. This cheesecake looks spectacular, but you would be surprised how simple and easy the recipe is. Let's get baking and impress your loved ones with this deliciousness. Life tastes better after a slice of cheesecake!
90g pitted dates (+ warm water to soak)
145g unsalted cashews
Butterfly Pea Tea: Makes about 105-110g of Butterfly Pea Tea
4g (¼ cup) Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Flowers Superbloom
135g hot water
105 –110g prepared Butterfly Pea Tea
165g vegan cream cheese
5g pure vanilla extract
115g powdered sugar (or to taste)
9g agar agar powder
Equipment Needed: 7-8” tart pan
1. Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Butterfly Pea Tea: While the dates are soaking, place Butterfly Pea Flowers in hot water and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Crust: Drain the water from the dates and place dates along with cashews in a blender. Blend until coarsely combined. Test the mixture by pressing it between your fingers. It should come together and not stick to your fingers. If the mixture is too sticky, add some more cashews. If the mixture is too dry, add some more dates or hot water 1 tbsp at a time.
4. Firmly and evenly press the mixture to the bottom of a tart pan. Refrigerate crust while preparing the filling.
5. Filling: Using the back of a spoon, press down on the Butterfly Pea Flowers in order to extract maximum flavor and color. Strain the tea into a blender and discard flowers. Add cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar to the same blender and blend until smooth and very well combined.
6. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and mix in corn starch and agar agar powder into the mixture until well dissolved. Place the saucepan on medium-high heat and cook while stirring regularly until the mixture starts to thicken (approximately 3-4 minutes). Don’t allow the mixture to stick to the bottom of the pan. If the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat.
7. Pro tip – Optional step: If the mixture starts to get clumpy once it’s thickened, pour the mixture back into the blender and blend for a few seconds until smooth. You will have to work quickly during this step and not allow the mixture to start setting in the blender.
8. Pour mixture over the prepared crust and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours up to overnight. Garnish and decorate the tart with fresh fruit and/or toppings of choice before serving.