Berry Lilac Taro Yam Chocolate Covered Marshmallow
Considered a childhood favorite atop steaming cups of hot cocoa, between graham crackers and chocolate, or just straight out of the bag, marshmallows are still enjoyed by all ages. A good way to update your marshmallow love is to make and customize your own! You’ll be surprised by how easy it is to make, and you’ll have airier and fluffier marshmallows that melt better whether over heat or in your mouth They can be any size, shape, or especially color that you want, which make them a great gift or party treat! With Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powder, these Berry Lilac Taro Yam Chocolate Covered Marshmallows would be a great addition to a weekend celebration & bake fun!
140g reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1g cream of tartar
1g xanthan gum
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
100g caster sugar
50g mix berry juice (blackberry & blueberry)
50g corn syrup
2 tsp agar agar powder
5 tsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powder
1. Combine 20g cornstarch and 20g powdered sugar for dusting
2. Line a 6x6 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, add chilled aquafaba, cream of tartar, xanthan gum and salt. Whisking on medium while cooking the sugar syrup.
4. Add 40g water and agar agar powder in a saucepan, cook until agar and sugar dissolved.
5. Add in 50g berry juice, corn syrup and sugar in a saucepan, heat until it reaches 120c.
6. Once the syrup has reached temperature, pour sugar syrup, agar water mixture and taro yam powder into the aquafaba meringue while continuing to whisk on high speed until fluffy and has enough body to hold when piped.
7. Transfer marshmallow into the prepared pan. Spread the marshmallow into the corners and then level out the top. Sieve the icing sugar and cornstarch mixture over the top of the marshmallow to coat. Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight to set.