Sparkly Galaxy Meringue Pops
You can catch us hangin' out in the new yummy galaxy with these meringue-merizing Sparkly Galaxy Meringue Pops! Come and join us, there's plenty of room!
Ingredients1 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
½ tsp Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
½ tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes
¾ cup super fine almond flour
1 + ¼ cup organic powdered sugar
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp pure almond extract
1 can chickpea brine (aquafaba)
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. Sift your almond flour and 1 cup of the powdered sugar into a medium bowl so that you have a very fine mixture. Set aside.
3. Place your chickpea brine in your stand mixer (or in a large bowl) and whip on high speed until soft peaks start to form. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Blend in the cream of tartar, remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and almond extract and beat for an additional couple of minutes.
5. Next, turn off your blender and gently fold in your almond flour mixture with a spatula.
6. Split your mixture into 3 different bowls.
7. Add the Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder to one, and gently fold in until the batter is pink.
8. Add the Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder to a different bowl, and gently fold in until the batter is blue.
9. Add the Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder to the last one, and gently fold in until the batter is a light orange.
10. Add parchment paper to a flat baking sheet (I prefer to use one with no edges) and line up your sticks allowing room to pipe 3-4 inch round circles.
11. Transfer your batter mixtures into a piping bag trying to keep each of the 3 colors in seperate sections of the bag and pipe 3-4-inch round circles on the lined tray (making sure to space out the meringues so they don't touch). Repeat for all of the batter.
12. You can sprinkle with the Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passionfruit Flakes prior to baking but know they won't be sparkly. I added these both before and after baking (garnishing after allows them to keep their sparkle!).
13. Bake for about 15-20 minutes then turn the oven off and let the meringues cool slowly. I kept mine in there for about an hour just because I wasn't in a rush, but know that if you take them out and there's an extreme temperature change they will deflate and sink in.
14. When cool, sprinkle with more Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passionfruit Flakes.
15. Store in the fridge (this will crisp them up, so if you desire chewy meringue pops, allow them to sit out for about 5-10 minutes).