Rose Infused Red Currant Blancmange
This Rose Infused Red Currant Blancmange dessert has the perfect balance and combination of flavors, you'll be wanting more than one! Let the floral flavors dance on your tongue!
1 handful of Suncore Foods® Rose Buds
¼ cup red currants
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
½ cup full fat coconut milk
¼ cup water
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp agar agar powder
Suncore Foods® Rose Petals
1. Place soy milk with handful of Suncore Foods® Rose Buds in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil. Remove from heat, let infuse for 5 minutes.
2. In a blender add water and red currants, blend still smooth.
3. Strain rose infused milk and red currant juice through a fine mesh sieve.
4. Add coconut cream, rose infused milk and red currant juice into a saucepan and place on the stove on low heat. When the mixture becomes warm add the agar-agar and cornstarch stirring constantly, cook until agar completely dissolve. Then whisk in vanilla and maple syrup. Allow to boil for approximately 30 seconds.
5. Pour mixture into a jelly mold, place in fridge to set (about 2-4 hours)