Rose Buds Cinnamon Sweet Rice
This gorgeous plate of tasty goodness is a wonderfully simple yet amazingly delicious dessert of cinnamon sweet rice. The smell of warm cinnamon wafting through the kitchen is already hard to resist on its own, but with the addition of Suncore Foods® Rose Buds Superbloom, then there's no contest! Watch as people follow their noses and flood your kitchen waiting to get a plate of this Rose Buds Cinnamon Sweet Rice. Fall prey to the perfect sweetness, spice, and aroma, and let your senses go into overdrive! Watch this simple and delicious dessert come together in our recipe video!
1 cup Suncore Foods® Rose Buds Superbloom
2¼ cups hot water
¾ cup uncooked rice
1½ cups rose tea, or to preference
1 – 1½ tbs dairy-free butter
2 cinnamon sticks
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ cup chopped or sliced almonds (unsalted)
¼ - ½ cup raisins
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
Garnish: Suncore Foods® Rose Buds Superbloom and cinnamon sticks
1. Steep tea: Combine rose buds with hot water and set aside for 15 – 30 minutes. The longer you steep the tea the stronger the rose flavour will be. Using the back of a spoon, press down on the rose buds in order to extract maximum flavor. Strain the tea into a clean container and discard rose buds.
2. Using rose tea instead of water, follow your preferred method and cook rice. When ready, set aside. Enjoy any leftover rose tea as is or with a splash of maple syrup and/or oat milk.
3. Place a pan on medium heat, once hot add butter and spread it around evenly. Add cinnamon sticks, cardamom, almond and raisins and cook, while stirring regularly, for 1 minute.
4. Add water, sugar and salt and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until the sugar has properly dissolved and the liquid has turned into a sticky syrup.
5. Reduce heat to low and mix in cooked rice until well combined and the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Serve hot and garnish with rose buds and the same cinnamon sticks used while cooking the rice.