Red Velvet Apple Marshmallow
These are one of the most exquisite, stunning marshmallows we have ever laid our eyes on! Bring your dessert game to a new whimsical height with this gorgeous Red Velvet Apple Marshmallow incorporated with Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder to achieve this sweet light pink color, making these beautiful roses to life. Take a bite and let this sweetness melt in your mouth with a note of tasty apple and fill your day with delicious. Welcome to the sweet side and don't get to add a splash of color to your day with our Supercolor Powders! Be well & eat well!
4 green (sour, underripe) apples
1 egg white
2 cups of sugar
2/3 cup of water
4 tsp agar agar powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder + 2 tbs water
1. Make apple puree. Core apples and cut them in half. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350'F for about 30 minutes. Remove skin from baked apples and blend apples in a food processor. Pass them through a fine mesh.
2. Mix Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder and 2 tbs of water. Put Red beet mixture, 1 egg white and cooled apple puree in a bowl of a stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks.
3. Prep piping bag with a star nozzle and a piece of parchment paper before you move to the next step.
4. Mix agar agar powder and 2/3 cup of water in a saucepan and bring in to a boil while constantly stirring. Remove from heat, add sugar and then simmer over low heat stirring until syrup temperature reaches 230'F.
5. Once syrup reached the required temperature slowly add it to egg white mixture and beat for another 3-5 minutes until they are stiff. Once its ready you have to work really quick as marshmallow mixture will start getting hard pretty quick. Quickly fill piping bag with marshmallow and pipe rosettes onto a parchment paper. Let them dry at a room temperature for about 10 hours.
6. Roll marshmallow rosettes in powdered sugar