Quinoa Sushi with Miso Tahini Dressing
Have you tried making sushi with quinoa? It's a great alternative to rice and goes well with all of your favorite fillings!
Makes 40-45 Rolls
Quinoa Sushi Rolls:
250 grams Suncore Foods® Quinoa Royal Pearl Seeds rinsed and drained
500 ML water
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp agave
5 seaweed wraps
½ cucumber cut into long strips
1 large carrot
½ medium avocado, sliced
200 grams tofu, drained and pan fried, sliced
Miso Tahini Dressing:
2 tsp white miso paste
3 tsp tahini paste
2 Tbsp almond milk
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp agave
3 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame seeds, black and white
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp spring onion, chopped
Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom
1. In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water in a 1:2 ratio. Bring to a boil, stir and cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook until water has evaporated. (12-15 minutes).
2. In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar and agave. Add to the Suncore Foods® Quinoa Royal Pearl Seeds and stir to combine.
3. Place a seaweed wrap on your sushi mat with the shiny side down.
4. Add about a half a cup of quinoa on top of the wrap. Spread evenly over the seaweed wrap, leaving about 5 cm at the top.
5. Place the filling ingredients on top of the quinoa at the bottom edge.
6. Using the mat, slowly start rolling the roll. Lift the mat a little and continue rolling until the end.
7. Using a wet chef’s knife, cut the sushi rolls into 1.5 cm thick pieces (I got 8 pieces from each roll).
8. Make the dressing: combine all the ingredients until smooth. Top with cilantro and spring onion.