Purple Sweet Potato & Taro Yam Rosette Meringue Cookies
These beautiful Purple Sweet Potato & Taro Yam Rosette Meringue Cookies are beautiful eats fit for any occasion. This weekend calls for a light, delicate cookie with a light, delicate purple color made with Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato & Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powders. Even better is the sweet aroma of Suncore Foods® Forget Me Not Flower Superbloom to elevate these cookies even further! These crisp, light-as-air meringue cookies immediately melt in your mouth and are amazing paired with a cup of tea. Relish tea time because these cookies rose to the occasion!
1/2 cup reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1-2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato & Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powders dissolved in water
A dash of Suncore Foods® Forget Me Not Flower Superbloom
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Clean bowl and whisker using a kitchen towel with a little bit of vinegar. Place the aquafaba and cream of tartar into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Whisk for 5 mins until it’s double in size and foamy. Slowly add powdered
sugar, one tablespoon at a time. whisking until the mixture forms stiff,
glossy peaks (15 mins). Add dissolved potato and taro yam powder and
whisk to combine.
5. Transfer the meringue mixture into an icing bag with a star tip. Pipe onto the baking paper, and bake for 2 hrs. (Meringue might take a little longer to dry if they are bigger)
6. Take them out of the oven, and let them cool. Store in a dry place so they maintain their shape.