Purple Sweet Potato & Taro Yam Rosette Meringue Cookies
These beautiful Purple Sweet Potato & Taro Yam Rosette Meringue Cookies are beautiful eats fit for any occasion. This weekend calls for a light, delicate cookie with a light, delicate purple color made with Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato & Lilac Taro Yam Powders. Even better is the sweet aroma of Suncore Foods® Forget Me Not Flower to elevate these cookies even further! These crisp, light-as-air meringue cookies immediately melt in your mouth and are amazing paired with a cup of tea. Relish tea time because these cookies rose to the occasion!
1/2 cup reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
A dash of Suncore Foods® Forget Me Not Flowers
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Clean bowl and whisker using a kitchen towel with a little bit of vinegar. Place the aquafaba and cream of tartar into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Whisk for 5 mins until it’s double in size and foamy. Slowly add powdered
sugar, one tablespoon at a time. whisking until the mixture forms stiff,
glossy peaks (15 mins). Add dissolved Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Powder, Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder and whisk to combine.
5. Transfer the meringue mixture into an icing bag with a star tip. Pipe onto the baking paper, and bake for 2 hrs. (Meringue might take a little longer to dry if they are bigger)
6. Take them out of the oven, and let them cool. Store in a dry place so they maintain their shape.