Matcha Vegan Donuts
We donut know what we would dough without these delicious and flavorful Matcha Vegan Donuts! A perfect heavenly matcha vegan donut that has a great balance between the sweetness and delightful earthy flavors! Incorporated our Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder and made these delightful matcha made-in-heaven donuts topped with the perfect matcha glaze & sprinkled with our Rose Petals that we all want to try! Bring out the beautiful lush green in your favorite desserts and treats!
Ingredients for 8 large donuts
1 1/2 (190g) all purpose flour or cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
3/4 cup (180ml) soy or almond milk
2 tbsp (40g) unsweetened soy/coconut yogurt
4 tbsp (50g) melted coconut oil or vegan butter, at room temp
For the glaze:
1 cup (140g) Icing sugar, sifted
1/4- 2 tsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
2 tbsp (30 ml) plant milk (coconut/ soy or almond)
1 tbsp (15g) vegan butter, melted
Suncore Foods® Rose Petals Superbloom or sprinkles or chopped nuts to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare donut tray by spraying with non-stick spray or grease with little oil. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, matcha and salt into a mixing bowl and add the sugar.
3. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the soy milk, soy yogurt and melted coconut oil and whisk to combine.
5. Transfer the donut batter into a piping bag and pipe it into the donut mold evenly or use a spoon (but it can get messy).
6. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring the donuts to a wire cooling rack.
8. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
9. For the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Dip the donuts into the sugar glaze and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and decorate with toppings.