Chocolate Mocha Protein Donuts
Ohhhh protein never looked this divine! Who is drooling over these life changing Chocolate Mocha Donuts with us? They're fluffy and boosted with Suncore Foods® Low GI Chocolate Mocha Superplant Protein Powder, delightfully delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free too!
Created by three adorable bunnies. Check out their Instagram @3.bunnies for more delicious vegan recipes!
1 pack of Suncore Foods® Chocolate Mocha Boost Superplant Protein Powder
1/2 cup of warm water
1 tsp of yeast
1 3/4 cup of flour
2 tsp of vital wheat gluten
1 tbs of flax meal
1/3 cup of sugar
3 tbs of coconut oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Oil for frying
For the Icing
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
3 tbs + 1 tsp of coffee
1. Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Whisk and give 5 minutes for yeast to activate.
2. Combine flour, vital wheat gluten, and protein powder into a separate bowl.
3. In the yeast bowl add flax meal, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
4. Add flour into yeast bowl a quarter cup at a time. Once dough starts to form add less flour. Add only enough flour to form a soft dough that is slightly sticky (you might have some flour leftover). Knead until dough is smooth.
5. Cover bowl and allow to rise for 1 hour in a dry warm space. Once dough has doubled in size roll out onto a floured surface and cut out donuts (or form with hand). Place donuts onto a lightly floured baking sheet cover and place back in a dry warm place and give another hour to raise.
6. In a large pan add oil and give a depth to cover donuts when added. Heat oil to 375º F and add donuts. Fry until golden.