Butterfly Pea Rice Summer Rolls
We are ready to roll into the summer with this deliciousness. Refresh and fuel your day with these cool vibrant blue Butterfly Pea Summer Rolls! It's a feast for your eyes and is satisfying fuel for your tummy. Add fun and color to your table with Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder. This is how we roll...rice, crispy fruits and veggies, and herbs into this tasty appetizer. Paired with an unbelievably addictive peanut sauce, this will be a contender for your favorite lunch! Try this fun and tasty recipe and get our Blue Butterfly Pea Powder to add some happy blues to your food. Have fun and eat well!
Blue Butterfly Pea Rice:
185g (~ 1 cup) white rice (any kind)
5g (2 tsp) Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
13-15 rice paper wraps
110g julienned carrots
345g julienned mangoes
160g cucumber, cut thin and long
Optional garnish: sesame seeds
85g peanut butter
5g rice vinegar
4g fresh ginger
4g (or 1 clove) fresh garlic
Pinch of ground cayenne
70g plant milk
1. Prepare Rice — Cook the rice as per your preferred method. Before simmering, mix in Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder. When ready, fluff the rice using a fork. Allow rice to cool down completely before assembling the rolls.
2. Assemble Rolls — Follow package instructions and ready rice paper wraps. Add ¼ cup Butterfly Pea Rice to the wrap, forming a line of rice through the centre of the wrap. Leave ~ 2” of space on either end in order to roll the wraps easily.
3. Place a portion of carrots, mangoes and cucumber on top of the rice. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, if using. Roll the wrap, like you would a spring roll or burrito, ensuring the filling is properly enclosed and set aside.
4. Follow the same process until you have 13-15 rolls and all ingredients are used up. Cut each roll into half and serve with peanut sauce on the side.
5. Peanut Sauce — Blend all ingredients together until smooth and well combined. For a thinner sauce, add some more plant milk. Serve with summer rolls.