Blue Butterfly Pea Mushroom Tacos
Monday blues? This mouthwatering Blue Butterfly Pea Mushroom Tacos can fix that and set the tone blue-tifully for the rest of your week. They are fresh, rustic, and soft with striking blue using Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder. Make it in 30 minutes or less with a handful of and a little water. The perfect canvas to fill with your favorite flavorful combination. Get ready to dig into this deliciousness.
Blue Butterfly Pea Tortillas (makes 8 soft shell tacos):
210g all-purpose flour
3g (¼ tsp) salt
2g (½ tsp) baking powder
4g Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
150g hot water
235g chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp salted butter
1 mango cut into small cubes
¼ cup chopped spring onions
¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
¼ tsp Tajin (or any other chili lime seasoning of choice)
Choice of vegetables
Toppings of choice
1. Tortillas — Use a stand mixer or knead by hand – Combine all dry ingredients and slowly add water while forming the dough. Form a dough ball and cut into 8 portions. Using your hands, roll each portion into small dough balls. Dust some flour on your hands or work surface if needed.
2. Shape tortillas — Use a rolling pin to roll each dough ball into thin tortillas or use a taco press and place each dough ball between parchment paper and press to flatten the dough.
3. Cook tortillas — Cook tortillas on a hot pan for 30 seconds to one minute on each side, until cooked through and air bubbles have browned.
4. Mushrooms — Fry mushrooms in salted butter until browning and lightly crispy.
5. Mango Salsa — In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients.
6. Serve — Fill tacos with greens, mango salsa and mushrooms. Add some sour cream and garnish with toppings of choice.