Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Soup
Fall is the time for cozy layers, comfort food, pumpkin spice everything, and sweet potatoes! As we’re transitioning into cooler temperatures, we have our hearts set on a big steaming bowl of hearty, Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam soup to warm us right up! Sweet potatoes are an amazing root vegetable, and are delicious to boot! Enhanced with Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder you’ve got yourself a bowl that packs a punch! This soup is one of the easiest and quickest soups to make. All you need is one pot and a blender, and you have a gorgeously golden, velvety smooth bowl of sweet and savory comfort food. Top it off with this season’s pumpkin seeds for added color and crunch, spices for some depth of flavor, and a drizzle of coconut milk for some added creaminess and some Jackson Pollock vibes…and Voilà! A work of art you can eat!
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
2 tablespoons Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
2 large shallots, peeled and cut in half
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds or ground cumin
3 garlic cloves
3 cups vegetable stock
14 ounces canned coconut milk
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Place sweet potato cubes, shallots, and garlic cloves in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil & butter. Sprinkle with salt, thyme, and cumin. Toss and well coated all the pieces with olive oil and seasonings.
3. Roasted the sweet potatoes and shallots for 25 minutes or until caramelized and browned nicely. Remove from oven.
4. Blend the sweet potatoes, shallots, and garlic cloves in a blender until smooth with the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder. Make sure to blend in batches and add the liquid to liking.
5. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve in bowls with a drizzle of sour cream and any favorite toppings. Enjoy!