Yellow Safflower Macarons
Happy New Year, friends! We've got sunshiiiine on a cloudy daayyyyy. As cute as can be, these macarons are so delicately sweet, you'll be pining for a whole bouquet of these delectable and fanciful flowers! This playful yet elegant yellow was made with Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower and a dash of Suncore Foods® Turmeric Green Powder. Afternoon tea time will be sweeter and brighter with these delightful cookies. Despite looking like professionally made cookies, these pretty macarons are simple to make without losing that wow factor.
50g reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1g cream of tartar
38g superfine sugar
85g powdered sugar
60g almond flour
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower Supercolor Powder
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Green Turmeric Powder
White chocolate ganache
1. Prepare the aquafaba - Strain the liquid from the canned chickpeas and weigh to 150g. In a saucepan cook chickpea water on a very low heat and reduce to 60g, stirring occasionally. When it reaches 60g, transfer to a bowl, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Make the macaron - Combine the powdered sugar, almond meal, safflower powder & turmeric and place in a food processor. Blend to achieve a finer consistency then pass through a sieve. Set aside.
3. Whisk the room temperature aquafaba with the cream of tartar and one third of the sugar until a medium peak. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and continue whisking for 5 mins.
4. Fold the almond powdered sugar mixture through the meringue by hand until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Pipe macarons on a baking sheet, let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before baking.
5. Bake at 150°C for approximately 13-15 mins. Allow macarons to cool completely.