Lemon Beet & Ruby Red Radish Buttercream Vanilla Cake
Get excited because this weekend is all about this Lemon Beet & Ruby Red Radish Buttercream Vanilla Cake that is as delicious as it is pretty! This magnificent cake is a tropical fruit dream come true. We are so in love with this dreamy pink hues made with Suncore Foods® Red Beet and Ruby Red Radish Powders to achieve the magical mesmerizing colors. Who's ready to dive right in with us?
For the Cake - Dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar of choice
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
For the Cake - Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup non dairy yogurt
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
3/4 cup coconut oil or melted butter
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
200g dairy free butter
2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tbsp lemon juice (for thinner consistency)
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1. Preheat your oven at 170c. Prepare the baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients. Gently fold the mixture with a spatula to incorporate.
3. Slowly pour the batter into prepared pan. Tap gently against the counter to release air bubbles.
4. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cakes onto a rack with parchment paper and cool completely. Divide the cake into 3 even layers.
5. Buttercream — Whip butter in the stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, on medium to high speed for about 2 minutes. Stop mixer and add the sifted powdered sugar, dissolved Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, salt. Mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then add in lemon extract and lemon juice (if you’re looking for thinner consistency, mix on medium high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth)