Sweet Potato Macarons with Passionfruit Cream
A delicate French macaron with a colorful flavor twist that is both tropical and mildly sweet. The Sweet Potato Macarons with Passionfruit Cream is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. To achieve the vibrant purple hue, simply mix Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder and Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder to the macaron batter. The passion fruit cream filling is dairy-free and colored with Suncore Foods® Marigold Passionfruit Powder & Seeds and Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes. Our easy step-by-step recipe is perfect for beginners and experts alike!
1g cream of tartar
38g superfine sugar
85g powdered sugar
60g almond flour
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
55g dairy free butter
70g powdered sugar
25g passion fruit pulp
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Marigold Passion Fruit Powder & Seeds dissolved with 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes dissolved with 1 tbsp water
1. Tip for the Aquafaba — Strain the liquid from the canned chickpeas and weigh to 150g. In a saucepan cook chickpea water on a very low heat and reduce to 60g, stirring occasionally. When it reaches 60g, transfer to a bowl, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Combine the powdered sugar and almond meal and place in a food processor. Blend to achieve a finer consistency then pass through a sieve. Set aside.
3. Whisk the aquafaba with the cream of tartar and one third of the sugar until a medium peak. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and continue whisking for 5 mins. Add the dissolved Suncore Foods® Marigold Passion Fruit Powder & Seeds & Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes and whisk until combine.
4. Fold the almond powdered sugar mixture through the meringue by hand, until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Pipe macarons on a baking sheet, let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before baking. Bake at 150°C for approximately 12-13 mins.
5. Make the Filling — In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Sift in the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Add the passion fruit pulp, Suncore Foods® Marigold Passion Fruit Powder & Seeds, and Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes beat to combine until desired consistency is reached.
6. Transfer the passionfruit filling to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
7. Add a dollop of passionfruit filling to one macaron shell. Top it with another macaron shell to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining macaron shells and passionfruit filling. Enjoy!