Red Beet Wool Roll Bread
Beautiful and uniquely shaped like a wool roll bread part babka, part cake, and totally stunning. The texture is impressively soft and the vibrant red hue colored magically using Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder. Truly simple and easy to make even when you don't have much experience making bread, tried this at home and it'll be our little secret how much you will absolutely love this. Perfect for breakfast or as a delicious in between snack.
2 cups bread flour
5-8 tbsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1/2 cup whole milk/plant based milk
1/2 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1.5 tbsp soften butter/vegan butter at room temperature
1. Make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix bread ingredients together except at low speed (2~3) for 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Add butter, mix at high speed (6~7) for 15 minutes until the dough is smooth, springy and just a bit tacky.
2. Cover the bowl with a cloth and place it in a warm area until the dough is doubled in size (about 1 hour).
3. After the rise, punch the dough down, then transfer onto a work surface. Divide it evenly into 5 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and set them aside for 15 minutes with a cover.
4. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out one dough ball into a rectangle. Cut out thin strips of dough along the top 1/2 part of the dough. Start rolling from the other side to the strips to form a log. Repeat with the other 4 pieces dough.
5. Place dough logs around the perimeter of a cake pan. Cover with a wet cloth and place at a warm place to let them rise again for another hour or until they are almost double in size again.
6. Preheat the oven at 340 F (170 C). Brush the bread with milk and bake for 20 ~25 minutes.